Ponds, River and Waterfalls

Ponds, River and Waterfalls

Postby gene » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Hey,

Attention Kirk and Warren: Bought more silicone, Elmers Glue and gathered more small stones. Stuff is on the layout near the trestle. Feel free to use your imagination while I am gone to NJ.

Best Regards,

Gene
gene
FCW Member

Re: Ponds, River and Waterfalls

Postby Warren » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 pm

You've set such a great example to follow. I told Micki about the silicone rapids and she was glad that it is used for something other than breast implants!!! ;-)
Warren
FCW Member

Postby gene » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Warren,

Betty's sister passed early Tuesday morning so we are stuck here over part of the weekend with the burial on Saturday.

I have two silcone daughters and a silicone daughter in law.

I want to get my brother in law involved in Makerspace Monclair, NJ that is being organized with no space yet. He will miss his wife so much.

Please hack some stuff on the railroad.

Hope to be home sometime on Sunday,

Gene
gene
FCW Member

Postby Warren » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 am

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister in law. Please convey my condolences to Betty and her family.

I talked on the phone last night with Michelle, and I asked if anything had been heard from you concerning your situation.

Thank you for the update because I have been concerned about you, dear friend.

Both you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Travel safely. I'll talk with you next week.

Warren
Warren
FCW Member

Postby gene » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your prayers and concerns.

Gene
gene
FCW Member

Re: River, Waterfalls, backdrop and Bridges

Postby gene » Sun May 31, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello Railfans,

The railroad now has two giant waterfalls coming out of a backdrop, a railroad bridge and Ross's covered bridge for cars to get to the quarry office over the Catawba River by the FCW Stone Quarry . Scenery is not finished, but you can envision what it will look like when done. Still need more backdrops behind the big quarry wall. The quarry floor has not been started yet.

Someone said there are now two railroads, one you can see when you come in the door and surprise one behind the backdrops.

The staging yard is fully functional with four trains waiting to visit the mainline. Tracks need to be ballasted and scenery is not finished. Thomas's good friend Gordon the big Blue engine is asleep in the tunnel waiting for a 4-year old to show-up. Thomas and his railfan trip continues to run when children come.

The railroad need 4-engineers and a dispatcher to operate fully. Needed help for Open House.

Gene, The Train Nut
gene
FCW Member

Return to Railroad