New member!

Stop in and say Hi

New member!

Postby DigitalManiak3k » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi everyone! For those that don't know me, my name is Blair and I just joined FCW this week. A little about myself, I've been using computers since I was 2, we had a TRS-80 and I used to load my own games off of the cassette drive, I also had (and still have) a book from RadioShack that had BASIC code and small programs in it, I used to spend my time entering in those lines of code to make that system do crazy stuff, and I began modifying things I could see to make it my own. I always had a fascination with electronics and when I was 5, my grandfather gave me a little screwdriver set and I began taking things apart to see how they worked. I remember when I was 6 I fixed a telephone that had been scorched by lightning. I started my career in IT in 1999 after I dropped out of high school and got my GED because I was bored. I'm into electronics, robotics, and I'm teaching myself how to code. I also like building things, be it from a kit or homebrew, and it doesn't matter. I'm a pretty hardcore geek as well as being a gear-head and a gamer and a ham. I can't wait to have some time to hang out at FCW to meet everyone and get to work on and share my projects. We are on a rotation where we have to be on-call 24hrs two weeks at a time and today kicked off my first of two weeks. If you have any questions for me, feel free to shoot.

Have a good one all.
DigitalManiak3k
FCW Member

Re: New member!

Postby FootHillsGeek » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:40 am

Welcome aboard Blair! Hope to see you at the cookout this Saturday. We should chat about computers and whatnot.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." - Ken Olson
FootHillsGeek
FCW Member

Return to Welcome to FCW